One of the types of chemical (acid) peel. It has already been used for a long time in a cosmetology without losing its popularity.
The application of this peel contributes to better epidermal structure, improves the skin texture and complexion. The use of it provides material improvement of the skin condition without interventional rejuvenation procedures.
The salicylic peel has a strong antiseptic effect and evident cleansing properties as well. It normalizes the sebaceous glands functioning and results in pores’ contraction. Another advantage is its effective compatibility with other types of peels (glycolic and lactic) meant for oily acne skin.
The salicylic peel is effective in combating blackheads and acne especially when used with a mechanical (manual) face cleansing procedures.
It’s safe to say that it is a peel for a young oily skin with insignificant problems as well as for a mature skin showing photo- and biological aging.
Advantages of salicylic peel
- high efficiency;
- generality (can be applied to a face and different body areas);
- the procedure can be conducted at any age;
- can be used for a fair and dark skin;
- easy appliance and controllability.
- affects only epidermis without penetration deeper that minimizes skin’s traumatization.
- the texture of the skin improves a lot;
- the visible incipient characters of aging skin disappear;
- after the top layers of the skin are peeled, the facial tissues regenerate more quickly;
- the pores of the skin are cleaned and as a result the skin begins «breathing»;
- it prevents from further acne eruption.
However the salicylic peel may result in some negative effects (edema, redness, burning, flacking and so on), but all such bad reactions usually subside within several days.
Peeling with salicylic acid is a simple procedure but at the same time it really works.
- seborrhoeic dermatitis;
- acne of the 1-2 level of severity;
- hyperpigmentation of skin;
- removal of the residuals after the acne treatment
- aging and photodegradation of the skin
- preagnancy or breastfeeding;
- having herpes fulminating;
- having inflammatory processes;
- the skin is damaged;
- having intolerance towards the peel components;
- hypersensitivity of the skin;
- sunburns on the skin areas where the peel is going to be applied to;
- taking glycemic drugs
Salicylic peel should be abandoned during the high sun activity, especially if it is impossible to avoid being in the sun continuously. The best time for the peel to be applied is a cloudy weather during fall or winter.